Sunday, June 12, 2011

A little closer to home..

Well,I had another camp within 2 weeks of time.
What's different this time is that last week I joined as a camper/participant while this time I joined as a helper/photographer.
U-Nite camp,a camp held by international students' club with the theme 'A little closer to home'.
Meeting all the participants who mostly are Year 1 juniors and Malaysian made me feel a little closer to home. We chatted about our home country and found that we really have more things in common to talk about.
All of us are more UNITED after the camp,just like the name of the camp--U-NITE.
It was again another new experience to me.
Being d photographer of d camp,I got to capture every single activities held during the camp.
The benefit of being a photographer is I can take down every tiny details of the camp, be it very obvious 1 or 1 which wasn't noticeable.
Sometimes a simple action,gesture,emotion which we normally don't pay attention to can produce a nice photo. I filtered through all the 400++ photos,did the post-processings and deleted some spoilt photos.
Looking back at all the photos that I've taken, every photos have different stories to tell.
Some photos when you look at them you will laugh non-stop due to the subject's funny emotion.
Some photos show you how attentive,serious,co-operative one is when he/she worked hard to win a game.
Photography is really very unique. Different angles produce different stories.
Focusing on everything during the camp really teaches me how observant a photographer need to be to be able to snap a nice photo.
Rather of saying I'm HAPPY to have helped out as a photographer in U-Nite camp,I would say I'm CONTENTED ! :)



2 comments:

  1. Haha, I also like to be a photographer~
    Really fun and I enjoy it~
    Hope I can have my own camera to catch every moment~^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you guys! Photos do leave down memories (:
    It will be totally worth it when you looked back few years later --> the precious momoent :D

    ReplyDelete