Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My 2010 Review

JAN
Got my first job. Worked in Vege-Country Enterprise,a vegetarian food manufacturing factory http://vegecountry.com/. Learnt lots of things.
I went through the processes from production to packaging. They weren't easy at all. I could still remember how I perspired like bathing when I was learning at the production department with high temperature steam but it really worth the experience gained.


FEB
-Got my car license!!! I can drive on the road with a big capital P pasted on the windscreen of the
car. Driving a car ain't an easy work. It requires practices and through pratices that we can better our driving skill bit by bit. Till now I still can't park a car nicely due to lack of practices. hehe.

MARCH
-Got my SPM result!! It was not a perfect result yet satisfying enough for me. For the 11 subject,
I got 8A+ and 3A(Biology,Chemistry and Chinese language). Days after announcement of SPM
result were filled by surfing net looking for courses and scholarships available. Eventually I opted for National Precision Engineering Scholarship offered by Singapore Economic Development Board. The decision i made received 'bipolar' response. Some of people around especially my family were very supportive while some of my teachers and friends the opposite way. Their concerns were that I can get a better scholarship like JPA,Petronas or Bank Negara with my result if compared with the 1 I opted for which only sponsor my study until diploma level. Yet I persist with my decision reason being I rather to bond with Singapore than with Malaysia. Till now after 8 months of study I'm not REGRET for the decision I made .I'm confident enough to say I've made the right decision!

APRIL
-Off I go to Singapore to further my study and start my new life! My first semester in Nanyang Polytechnic commenced on 19th April. There is where I learn,play and experience life the different way. There is when I start to learn to be independent,to live on my own ,to solve things myself and to be more matured. There,I make new friends,learn to live with friends just like the chinese saying we depend on parents when we are home while we depend on friends when we are away from home. It is also when I started to experience homesickness and learn ways to deal with homesickness.

JUNE
-My mum went for blood tumour removal surgery. I really hope to go back Malaysia to accompany her during her operation. But I was having test on that day and my mum didn't want me to miss it. She even tried to hide the news of her going for surgery from me but at last I got to know about the news from my uncle. Thanks God the operation was a great success and she recovered fairly fast. She is now in healthy condition.

JULY
-Tried ice-skating for the first time. It was very difficult at first as we even face difficulties to walk on the slippery surface. Falling down was extremely normal for first-timer like us. I fell once and as time passed I began to learn the skill and managed to skate slowly without support.

SEPTEMBER
-Went for 1 night stay at Marina Bay Sands(MBS) and had a ride on Singapore Flyer. The best thing in MBS is its sky park at the 54th storey. Being at the rooftop will not only take your breath away. You can see the spectacular views of Singapore. And being the hotel guest entitled me to use the swimming pool at the sky park. The feeling of swimming at 54th storey height gave me the feeling of being on top of the world. 30minutes on the Singapore Flyer gave me the opportunity to savour the magnificent skyline views,stunning scenery and waterfront architecture. Although 30mins in the cabin was a little bit boring but the breathtaking scenery really worth the money spent.

OCTOBER
-Watched Martial Combat @ Resorts World Sentosa. Although I'm not those into martial arts,the feeling of watching it for live really gave me a fantastic experience.
This is one of the video I got from youtube.The one which I watched was the semi-final.

NOVEMBER
-Went JB with friends. It may not sound special but it was quite memorable to me. It was through this short trip that we understand each other better. It was through this trip that our relationship grow fonder.

DECEMBER
-This month which doesn't end yet. As stated in the previous post,I celebrated grandma's 80th birthday which meant a lot not only to her herself but also all of us. We can't predict what's going to happen the next second,not even fortune teller. Of cause we hope to have the chance to celebrate 90th birthday or even 100th birthday with her but this is life. Life is not a bed of roses. She is still healthy now and we really hope this will last as long as possible=)

No comments:

Post a Comment