Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's uneasy getting along with somebody

It's uneasy to get along with other people with different habits and preferences..
For countless college and university students living away from home,part of the adjustment to post-secondary life involves sharing close quarters with another newcomer : the roommate.
Your roommate might not necessary to be a stranger,it might even be once your secondary school best friend,but when both of you stay together,both of you started to realise the real self of each of you,begin to find out the bad habits,the flaws,and started to have problems staying with each other.
I would say,human are not perfect. Staying together requires tolerates,compromises and learn to give and take. I myself experiencing it now. Staying with a friend who was once totally a stranger to me,until now we have been under the same roof for almost 1 year. Of cause our relationship grows,from acquaintance to friend, from friend to good friend perhaps. Nevertheless,you must have quarreled with one of your best friend in school before.Am I right?
It's just the same to us. No two humans are alike. You may not like his habits and same goes to him. My opinion is that everyone has to play some roles in the room.The responsibility is on both the person sharing the room. It's impossible for a single man to take care of the whole room.
For me,the most fundamental aspect to take care in one room would be cleanliness. Taking care of cleanliness isn't a one man job. When one person tends to take care of cleanliness very well while the other don't give a shit at all,you can imagine how the room would turn up to be. And this really tire the one doing the cleaning most of the time.
Then, both of the roommate must be willing to help each other when one of them need help. As in my case, I would help my roommate when I can fulfill the request. I help people with a very a simple principle that is,I will only lend a hand when you at least put in some efforts in doing it and fail to make it. I hate those kind of people who doesn't even make a move or make some thinking,then directly ask others for help. Sometimes my roommate will help me when I'm in need. But sometimes he doesn't even care what I say. Just like what happened yesterday night. I went out at 6pm having something on. Before I went out I asked him to help put all the clothes into washing machine to wash. I've been doing this job most of the time when I'm free. I'll wash the clothes(put them in washing machine),hang all of them,collect them and separate them. The thing is that I'm not only washing my clothes,those included his as we don't wear much clothes and we don't want to keep our clothes unwashed for too long,so we mix our clothes together.
Most of the time I asked him to help,he will keep sticking his eyes on his laptop without heeding me. So back to yesterday,when I reached home at about 11.30pm,what I saw was the whole washed clothes in the basket beside the clothes rack. All the clothes weren't hanged yet. I was so in rage because I've been helping him do the laundry most of the time and how can he be so calculative with me? I went in the room,asking him what's with all the clothes outside. What a surprising answer I got was 'wait for you to hang laaa'. I told him asking him to hang the clothes please. So I went cleaning up myself,took a bath and after I bathed,the clothes were still there,no changes. I was so disappointed. I walked in the room,took the hangers out and hanged all of them myself. And how stupid I was that I still hanged his clothes for him!

Getting along with someone is really not an easy work.
A big thanks to my friend Penny who was there with me,listening to me,giving me advices and chilling me down.
This is life. I know I'm going to face more of this after I get out to work. So what we really need is some friends or maybe just a special one who can share your feeling.
I've decided to forget about what happened yesterday,and learn to live with people with different habits.
Today is another brand new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment