Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fear Factor

I think most of us could still remember the TV show--Fear Factor,an american stunt/dare live show.It involves a lot of physical and mental ability. The contestants are often asked to eat some cheesy creepy freaky stuffs or food,even those which are thought inedible are served .

Today I experienced the feeling myself by daringly joining Fear Factor organised by my school School Of Engineering Club.
There were 9 stations. And i was the 3rd contestant to start the game.
The first station, I was asked to lengthen my hand into a box which was filled with earthworms and took out a few pieces of puzzle,arranged them,and done!
Second station, i was blindfolded.Then I need to stretched my head into a box. Smell it and lick it!
OMG..What i smelled was something like a salted-fish. Then I was asked to lick it?
Im a vegetarian man! But after a few seconds,I still lick it thinking that I was playing a game. and the thing finally turned out to be a lemon flavour sweet!
3rd station,I was asked to take out a few alphabets from a cricket aquarium. Just imagine u can see hundreds of crickets hopping in the aquarium and you are required to put your hands into it,looking for alphabets!
4th station,quite an easy 1. choose 1 card from 3 cards. and you will be given bread with special ingredients inside. I thought it will be something very scary or those make-me-vomit type. Yet i was lucky enough to get a WASABI bread! thanks god i still can stand the spiciness!
5th station,we were asked to put both our hands each into a cup.Then hundreds of insects i don't what the freaking insects called were poured into the cups. And we need to suck the ping pong balls with certain alphabet out from a big bowl full with the freaking insects. Just imagine when i was trying to suck the balls out,my hands need to stay in the cup,let the insects crawled up my hands,some even bite me,and I need to suck the balls from the bowl filled with insects. argh!
I completed it within a minute!
Then next up from 6th--8th station include something like need to hold 3 insects in my palm while I need to transfer myself on a trolley from one end to the other, blindfolded and being pushed on a trolley and need to jump off when I am told to do so etc etc..
Finally come the last stage,the stage which took my longest time. I was locked at my legs and asked to enter a small pool of blood-like water filled with chicken organs. Then i need to find for the appropriate key to unlock myself within the pool with yucks chicken organs!
It was really a tough job for me as a vegetarian. Yet I endure and eventually found the key in 4 mins. By the time i got out of the pool my hands and legs were stinking with chicken organs' foul smell. I tried to wash off the smell in school but without soap I cant do that.

although I manage to complete all the stages without being disqualified halfway, I didn't make myself into final game as there were a lot other people who completed in a much shorter time.
Anyway it was really a red letter day for me.It's a breakthrough for me!
I enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment