Friday, March 2, 2012

On top of the.... Singapore!

So I was at the highest point of Singapore yesterday---- the summit of Bukit Timah!
Feel so proud of myself. Haha
I've never make myself to the highest point of anyplace by my own effort ( my legs ).. Not even my home town--TAiping!
The highest point of Taiping is at the height of 1035m above sea level, the peak of Maxwell Hill. I've been there few times before but was by the jeep service provided there. I think I must seriously consider hiking up to the tip myself 1 day to consider myself as Taipingite!
Haha
So the hike yesterday was humid. With rain drizzling. It was really cooling with the mist around us as if we were in the heaven!
Siang kept complaining of how stupid he was to follow us for the hike yesterday which is why I think he is what he is today ( his size ) haha
The hike up was surprisingly easy. I never expect it to be so low! It's only 163m above sea level. And it's the highest point of Singapore!
When we reached the tip rain started to get heavier and so we hid from the rain under the 'summit hut' there.
We were the 1st to reach there. And few moments later few groups of people also reached and planned to stay there until the rain get lighter.
Faint splattering sounds came from our head, hissing as lightning struck the sky. I could hear the wind tugging at the trees, and small droplets of water rolled down the hut. We chit-chat happily. It was a nice moment chatting as the wind blowing at you.
We waited there for almost an hour and as we saw the people around started leaving we began to feel unease. When we were the only 3 left waiting there at last we decided to begin our journey down regardless of the rain. Jacky wore his poncho while I shared my small umbrella with the big sized Siang! Haha
We got drenched but we were warm inside. The experience wasn't bad at all. We enjoyed talking and joking around. And I think this is what friendship is all about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment