Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

I always make it a point to reward myself a movie after completing a study.
So yesterday I watched 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty', a movie which is directed and starred by Ben Stiller.


It is a positive movie, I would say. It does not have a sharp climax but the plot of the movie goes smoothly, bringing you into the life of Walter Mitty, who always disappears into his own world of day-dreaming, full of heroism, romance and action. It has became his daily routine to fall into his own fantasies, which is unrealistic and unrealizable. 

It came to a turning point when he embarks on a journey to look for a film which was supposed to be published on a magazine cover. He traveled from US to Greenland, Iceland and then up to the Himalayas. 
I am really in love with all the breathtaking scenery that he went to. The tranquil greeneries, mountains and seas, the laid-back life to drink in a neighbourhood bar after a day of work, the relaxing lifestyle that everyone is yearning for. It just instilled my desire to travel, to search for the peace in mind, after all this hectic life I am having in the city state. 

'Stop dreaming, start living', the catchy quote from the movie poster portraits Walter Mitty perfectly. Ever since he started pursuing the extraordinary quest to find the photographer who send him the film, his frequency of day-dreaming dwindles and he finds his life more purposeful.

He managed to find the photographer eventually and got the film published on the magazine cover. 
I like the spirit of Walter Mitty, how he transforms from a dreamer to realist. 
I like the freedom, the freedom of going after what is in the mind.
I like the down-to-earth lifestyle, the countryside, the simplicity.

The song of Space Oddity playing in the ear..

"This is ground control to Major Tom,
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

This is Major Tom to ground control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today"

Okay enough of dreaming, back to the daily routine, the life's waiting, start living!


No comments:

Post a Comment